The National Road Safety Partnership Program is seeking Expressions of Interest (EoI) through Austroads to find a new host. The EoI was issued on the 27 August by Austroads tender number of 1088197, EoI will need to submitted via http://www.tenders.net/ and will close on 4 October.
On the 5 May 2014 the NRSPP came into formal existence when it was launched as part of the UN Decade of Action Summit in Melbourne by Prince Michael of Kent. Since then the program has been kindly hosted by the Australian Road Research Board (ARRB) and evolved from an idea into a national entity striving to improve workplace road safety.
The NRSPP has now evolved beyond the establishment phase and is rapidly expanding its operation. ARRB has indicated that it is no longer able to host NRSPP under existing conditions, and as a result, Austroads kindly offered to facilitate the EoI to find a new host.
The EoI provides an opportunity for an organisations or alliance to become the new host of the NRSPP.
The NRSPP comes with a three-year funding commitment from its Core Funders, a Program Manager based in Melbourne and a range of other funded projects. All intellectual property branded with NRSPP is the property of the program as per the Charter and Host agreement.
The key selction which will the successful organisation or alliance will need to demonstrate includes:
- Preparedness to maintain the autonomy of the program and ensure that its operations continue to align with its overall goals and objectives
- Experience leading collaborative projects / programs
- Ability to communicate and engage with industry, partners and key stakeholders at a national level
- Commitment to road safety or a related field, such as workplace health and safety, public health or transport safety
- Established track record in implementing innovative programs, processes or policies that could be applied to enhancing the strategic or operational goals of the NRSPP
- Demonstrated ability to manage programs or projects in a long-term sustainable manner, incorporating high level governance, finance and reporting processes
- Ability to support a national manager based in Melbourne.
The NRSPP EoI is within the NRSPP Knowledge Centre on Austroads tenders. To assist with transparency NRSPP has established the BLOG: NRSPP – Expression of Interest Q&A where those that have chosen to register their interest can field questions which will be posted on the blog.