Welcome to the latest newsletter from the National Road Safety Partnership Program (NRSPP). NRSPP is a government-supported, industry-led collaborative network which aims to support Australian businesses and organisations to develop a positive road safety culture and help protect their workers and the public, not only during work hours but also when staff are ‘off-duty’.
This Edition Will Cover:
- NRSPP Achievements
- NRSPP Monthly Focus
- Feature: Wet Weather Driving Tool Box Talk (update)
- NRSPP News
- Social Media
- NRSPP Resources
NRSPP Achievements July 2021
- The NRSPP Heavy Vehicle Tool Box Talk Working Group met to finalise the first package, the supporting video is currently being developed. Truck driver experiences are invited to help anchor each Tool Box Talk.
- Jerome Carslake, Program Director, featured in OzHelp’s Health in Gear Podcast Share the Load
- NRSPP released a new case study Safe Load Program: Level Playing Field – Industry-Led Program Shows Safety And Efficiency Are Complementary Aims
- As a foundational partner of Re:act proud to see winners for NSW – Revive before you Drive, Victoria – Don’t drive dead and WA – Counting Sheep. NRSPP was a panel judge for Victoria and WA.
- NRSPP welcomed JESI as a new Program Partner who will assist with exploring a case study on telematic solutions and a traveller risk calculator.
- NRSPP worked with DASA and Healius Pathology following our webinar on Medicinal Cannabis to create a FAQs document addressing the key issues and questions raised by participants.
- On 29 June Program Director Jerome Carslake facilitated Transport for NSW webinar Road Safety in Your Workplace: Embedding a positive road safety culture in your Council. The webinar included – Bernard Carlon Executive Director of the Centres for Road and Maritime Safety at Transport for NSW, Tim Roberts – the Director, Founder and Principal of Fleetstrategy and Jenny Davies – Road Safety Officer and Matthew Apolo – Group Manager Built and Natural Environment at Shellharbour City Council.