185 prime movers and 500 tankers of various configurations
Kenworth and Volvo 50/50
- Number of crashes and rollovers reduced exponentially since major safety initiatives were introduced in 2009
- Insurance premiums and operating accident costs have declined substantially
- Support from top levels of management was integral to the success of improving safety outcomes
- Investing resources into safety has illustrated benefits in cost savings
- Safety is not a single event, it is a process that is constantly evolving
After receivers were appointed to the parent company, Pure Logistics, new management focused on safety as the catalyst for turning the company around. This new ‘safety-first’ mindset dramatically reduced time lost to injuries from vehicle incidents, WorkCover claims and insurance premiums, clearly demonstrating that investing in safety makes good business sense.