Welcome to the latest newsletter from the National Road Safety Partnership Program (NRSPP). NRSPP is a government-supported, industry-led collaborative network which aims to support Australian businesses and organisations to develop a positive road safety culture and help protect their workers and the public, not only during work hours but also when staff are ‘off-duty’.
This Edition Will Cover:
- NRSPP Achievements
- NRSPP Monthly Focus
- NRSPP ToolBox Talk: Country Road Driving
- NRSPP ToolBox Talk: Stow It!
- Blog: Time to hit the road, finally…but don’t compromise safety for freedom
- NRSPP News
- Social Media
- Useful Links
NRSPP Achievements November 2021
- October was National Safe Work Month which made for an extra busy month for the program especially when you consider over half of worker fatalities involves a vehicle. So, what did we get up to?
- BINGO Industries expanded on their Case Study with our webinar Safe To The Core: How An Evolving Safety Culture Drove Business Success, some BINGO shared through a number of focused studies:
A vulnerable road user fatality BINGO experienced became a lightning rod moment for the sector to innovate to protect the community and drivers.
- Technology is used to support, engage and coach drivers on being safer drivers and need to be developed with drivers
- Journey management is planned job-to-job and fatigue management is actively monitored by engaging drivers on their hours/breaks/habits – taking the pressure of drivers.
- Measuring and actioning near misses is crucial in reducing the lag measures.
- NRSPP facilitated featured six internal webinars with ComfortDelGro Australia on three previous topics the program has delivered which were:
- NRSPP Director Jerome Carslake joined Naomi Frauenfelder CEO Healthy Heads Trucks and Sheds and Associate Professor Ross Isles Deputy Director at Monash Health and Driver Health Project in the following webinars:
- The Australian and New Zealand Society of Occupational Medicine (ANZSOM) Driving Health study and the National Mental Health and Wellbeing Roadmap
- Bulk Tanker Association of Australian: Mental health and wellbeing in the transport industry facilitated by Felix Ohle
- Empowr Mobility’s second TAC funded pilot in conjunction with Barwon Water and Ganbina
- NRSPP held a High Occupancy Vehicle (HOV) Workshop with Rio Tinto, Uniting Care Queensland and West Australian Local Government Association. The NRSPP is develop a good practice guide for the safe and efficient operation of HOVs.
- NRSPP welcomed two new Program Partners who are amongst the first to be able to receive the Safe Driver Workplace Digital Booklet which is customised to each Program Partner:
- The NRSPP Evaluation Working Group met and has finalised the evaluation report of NRSPP which will be tabled at the 16 November Steering Committee.
- NRSPP finalised three new Tool Box Talks to support Novembers webinar: Hitting the road for the holidays? Are you trip ready?: