This research was carried out for Waka Kotahi NZ Transport Agency between November 2019 and August 2020, with a view to enabling better-informed transport planning and project evaluation.
The research consists of:
- a review of existing literature on micromobility
- a review of data being collected on micromobility use in New Zealand
- modelling of the likely use of micromobility and the effect of this on ‘conventional’ transport modes
- an evaluation of the potential impacts of micromobility use in terms of the Ministry of Transport’s Transport Outcomes Framework
- a discussion on the factors that will affect mode shift to micromobility.
Recommendations for future research are also included.