NRSPP Monthly Bulletin – February 2023 – No. 98
Welcome to the latest newsletter from the National Road Safety Partnership Program (NRSPP). NRSPP is a government-supported, industry-led collaborative network which aims to support Australian businesses and organisations to develop a positive road safety culture and help protect their workers and the public, not only during work hours but also when staff are ‘off-duty’.
This Edition Will Cover
- NRSPP Achievements
- NRSPP’s Road Conditions Heavy Vehicle Toolbox Talk is Out Now!
- NRSPP Monthly Focus
- Monthly Feature:
NRSPP Q&A: Safe and Unsafe Drivers
- NRSPP Blog: Factor in X-factor, to stop your journey ‘going to pot’
- NRSPP News
- NRSPP Social Media
- NRSPP Resources
NRSPP Monthly Achievements Febraury 2023
- The NRSPP and Global Road Safety Partnership (GRSP) have signed a reciprocal partnership agreement, a formal announcement will be forthcoming.
- Heavy Vehicle Toolbox Talks (HVTBT):
- The NRSPP Heavy Vehicle Toolbox Talk Working Group latest updated:
- Finalised two more Toolbox Talks
- Alex Fraser provided five drivers for interviews
- Bingo Industries provided five drivers for interviews
- Darryl Dickenson Transport provided a single driver for interviews
- Eather Group provided a single driver for interviews
- Holcim provided three drivers for interviews
- NRSPP held a scoping workshop with the Independent Contractor Gig Sector on 5 December 2022 to establish a standing consortium of rideshare, food delivery, and parcel delivery companies, safety experts, and researchers focused on improving their workers’ safety on the road.
- NRSPP Governance Board met on 16 December confirming program finances and 2023 work program. A key outcome was approval the of $5,000 as a result of an enforceable undertaking donation to go towards developing a “Humanising Truck Drivers” campaign which will be developed in conjunction with the Heavy Vehicle Industry Association to be released at the 2023 Truck Show in Brisbane.
- A follow-up to Impact of the Coronavirus on Road Safety in Australia: Lessons from the National Lockdown research paper exploring the impact and learnings of Covid on supply chains has commenced which will be conducted by Dr Sarah Jones and Jennifer Rivera Gonzalez for NRSPP.
- NRSPP successful delivered webinar with Keith Govias Coping as a business and supporting mental health during the holiday season
- The CLOCS-A project saw the Draft Standard close for comment, development of the Audit Framework, Draft Governance Structure and presentation of CLOCS-A to Acciona Leadership Team and SG Fleet heavy vehicle team.
- NRSPP has updated the following quick facts: