This PDF Includes:
- Road Safety & Journey Management Toolbox Talk
- Fleet Policy Extracts
- JOURNEY MANAGEMENT PLAN – Preparation for travelling safely by road
When travelling long distances, developing a journey management plan will assist in you arriving at you destination safely. When developing your plan things to consider are:
- Is the trip really necessary?
- Is there a safer way to travel?
- Can this trip be combined with another?
- What is the most efficient route?
- What is the best time/day to make this trip?
- How will the weather affect the road conditions?
- Where are the rest stops on the route?
- Can this trip be made during the day v’s nighttime?
- What would you do in the event of an emergency?
Once you have planned your journey, share this with your Manager and arrange check in times, remembering to make contact when you arrive at your destination and upon return to ensure you make it home safe to your loved ones.