3M introduced the ban of mobile phones including the hands free option, as company policy. We interview the corporate communications manager to understand how this policy was introduced and the effects it has had also how this fits into 3M’s broader road safety commitments. Some of the questions explored include:
- Can you provide any figures tracking your safety performance over the years?
- What have been the lessons learnt and what would be your main advice to other companies?
- What would you say are the main drives for your company’s efforts in road safety?
- What are the main elements of your company’s mobile phone policy?
- Would you like to see further steps from the government in terms of mobile phone use regulation and sanctions while driving?
- Do you feel that your customers are reassured by knowing that you have strong safety standards? How do you communicate that to your customers?