|What sector does your organisation operate within?
Transport and Warehousing
|What size is your fleet or the number of staff who generate your transport task?
Daryl Dickenson Transport (DDT) specialises in the transport and warehousing of steel products. With of a fleet of 30 trucks and employing 49 permanent staff DDT has reputation for ensuring safety in the transport activity.
|Describe your organisation and what road safety means to your it?
Road safety means ensuring that everyone in the organisation is empowered to contribute to their safety and the safety of others around them. DDT prides itself in the relationships that they have will their workers. As owner operators Tracie and Daryl understand the challenges that their drivers and staff face on a daily basis.
Starting from a one truck operation DDT experience huge growth within a short period. Their safety journey commenced with the realisation that as employers, they had both a legal and moral responsibility to ensure that their workers went home safely every day.
The journey so far:
Although their journey has been a long one DDT feels that it is now in a position to give back to the industry through increased activity in safety and involvement as a member of the:
DDT has been recognised for the improvements they have made through their efforts in safety through various awards including:
|Why become a Partner?
Daryl Dickenson Transport believes in what NRSPP represents and together we are focusing on safety outcomes and to support our industry in becoming a career choice.
|What action(s) could your organisation do to support road safety through the NRSPP & by when?|
|2. Provide a webinar expanding on the case study||2018|
|3. Identify knowledge gaps which could feature as NRSPP Quick Facts with relevance to HV sector||Ongoing|
|4. Support NRSPP Proposal to improve HV and LV interactions.||Oct 2017|
Supporting Actions delivered by Darryl Dickenson Transport:
- Delivered the Case Study: Daryl Dickenson Transport: Don’t reinvent the wheel: balancing growth and the safety journey for smaller organisations
- Delivered the Webinar: Daryl Dickenson Transport- Making Safety A Stronger Priority
- Assisted with the Blind Spot and Stopping Distance Quickfacts
- Provided a support letter for NRSPP Proposal to NHVR to develop a light vehicle heavy vehicle collaboration education program.
Daryl Dickenson Transport (DDT)'s Contributions to the NRSPP & Points of Contact
- Program Partners
- Tracie DickensonManagerCommencement Date: 28/08/2017Sector: Transport and Warehousinghttp://www.dickensontrans.com.au/