Coffs Harbour Nambucca Bellingen Community Transport's Contributions to the NRSPP & Points of Contact
- Program Partners
- Colin GreenAssets & Safety ManagerCommencement Date: 11/05/2016Sector: Community Transporthttps://www.communitytransport.net.au/
Who is Coffs Harbour, Bellingen and Nambucca Community Transport?
Coffs Harbour, Bellingen and Nambucca Community Transport (CBNCT) is a not for profit organization based on the mid north coast of New South Wales encompassing the three LGA’s of Coffs Harbour, Bellingen and Nambucca Valley. CBNCT provides community transport assistance for people who are frail, aged, disabled or have difficulty accessing ordinary public transport.
What size is your fleet or the number of staff who generate your transport task?
CBNCT employs 80 volunteer and eight paid drivers operating 33 vehicles ranging from mini buses and sedans to personal vehicles as well as contracted services for buses and taxis. In addition to the drivers there are 15 personnel providing management administration and technical services. Funding is provided under the Commonwealth Home Support and Home Community Care Program along with passenger contributions and other community grants.
Describe what road safety means to your organisation?
For CBNCT road safety means protecting our vulnerable clients, staff, volunteers and the community we operate within. Having a safety management system like ours which is front and centre and backed by our leadership ensures there is no compromise on road safety. CBNCT is proud to promote a strong road safety culture and be a leader in our community which then gives the community confidence we will safely look after our most vulnerable.
What are CBNCT’s NRSPP road safety commitments and by when?
Road Safety Commitments
1. Develop a case study on CBNCT’s Safety Management System and how it became a crucial component in developing a strong road safety culture May 2016 2. Provide a webinar based on the case study June 2016 3. Share developed resources Ongoing
Actions which CBCNT have delivered with NRSPP:
- CBCNT: Safe driving at work: Taking care of those who care for others
- WH&S in community transport – everybody’s responsibility
- CBCNT: Safe Driving At Work: Taking Care Of Those Who Care For Others #TBT