Australia Post's Contributions to the NRSPP & Points of Contact
- Program Partners
- Re:act Working Group
- Emma BleeHead of Enterprise Safetyhttps://auspost.com.au/
What sector does your organisation operate within?
Postal services, logistics, freight
What size is your fleet or the number of staff who generate your transport task?
Approximately 10,700 vehicles including HV Trucks, small trucks, vans, passenger cars and motorcycles in our corporate fleet with another 3,500 vehicles in our partner workforce.
Describe what road safety means to your organisation?
Australia Post has over 15,000 vehicles on our country’s roads on any given day. Our people travel an average of 17 Million Kms per month. As one of the largest fleet of vehicles in any Australian organisation we have a significant presence on our roads and have opportunities to be role models of exemplary road safety. Poor road safety behaviours by our workforce could have a significant impact on our customers and the community. We are also significantly impacted by the road safety behaviours present in the community.
Community road safety is one of our formal commitment s under the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
What action(s) could your organisation do to support road safety through the NRSPP & by when?
- Develop and implement a community road safety campaign using our on-road assets to target key road behaviours of concern to our people.
- Conduct a webinar Australia Posts
- Re:act Working Group Partner 2019
- Development of a thought leadership piece on motorcycle rider safety and the use of telematics
- Development of a thought leadership piece on contractor road safety with a particular focus on rural and regional driving.
- Re:act 2019 NSW Panel: Young people “sharing the responsibility” on our road
- Australia Post delivered its campaign: Stay Alert! There’s A Life Riding On It
- Australia Post Delivered webinar May 2019 Stay Alert! There’s A Life Riding On It
Re:act 2019 NSW Panel: Young people “sharing the responsibility” on our roads