Who Is Chartered Institute for Transport Logistics – Australia (CILT-Australia)?
CILT-Australia is a member of a global network of 40 nations, with over 36,000 members dedicated to the Continuing Professional Development of people in the T&L Industries. CILT gained its Royal Charter in 1919 and Australia’s first branch, Sydney, was activated in 1935. CILT-Australia spans across transport modes in both freight and passenger transport as well as logistics and the supply chain. It has an extensive list of short courses, Degree, and Master program providers and can confer the professional certifications of Certified Professional Logistician (CPL), Certified Transport Planner (CTP) and Certified Passenger Professional (CPP) to industry and academic professionals.
The Institute Fellows and Certified members hold enormous experience in safety across all modes.
What Sector Does Your Organisation Operate Within?
Many of our fellows and former fellows have been heavily involved in Heavy Vehicle Safety research for a generation, and this is continuing.
Describe What Road Safety Means To CILT-Australia?
Many of CILT-Australia’s fellows and former fellows have been heavily involved in Heavy Vehicle Safety research for well over a generation, and this is continuing.
Safety in all modes will always get priority as the single most important focus in transport policy. In most of our member countries road fatalities dominate the area of transport fatalities. For over 30 years we have been highly focused in the interaction with light vehicles and truck crash interactions and what policy changes can lower the level of both crashes and fatalities. Other of our own national members and research fellows have focused on rail, bus and aviation safety over these three decades.
Innovation in policy, technology and infrastructure design will lead to lower crash and injury rate trends. This is what communities expect and why CILT-Australia has awarded safety innovation awards for both operators and young safety researches over past decades.
Supporting Actions Already Delivered By CILT-Australia
- Is the lead partner with MUARC, NRSPP and NTI in delivering the Austroads Project Stage 3 Heavy Vehicle Driver Competency.
- CILT Australia members received 5 Continued Professional Development (CPD) points for attending:
- Chair of CILT Australia, Dr Kim Hassall, committed to Chair the CLOCS-A Technical Group Construction Logistics and Planning
- CILT Australia signed on the CLOCS-A Memorandum of Understanding as a Supporting Partner
- CILT Australia led Stream 4.a. of the Austroads / NRSPP Collaborative Project Suicide in Road Transport exploring impacts on third parties.
The Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport – Australia (CILT-Australia)'s Contributions to the NRSPP & Points of Contact
- Program Partners
- Working Group – Suicide in Road Transport
- Clocsa : Special Project - CLOCS-A
- Kim HassallChair of CILTACommencement Date: 30/03/2021Sector: Logistics and skill developmenthttps://www.cilta.com.au/
What are the Program Partner commitments and actions which CILTA will develop and share through NRSPP?
A series of short articles and links that point:
- to current research on HPVs and their safety impacts
- to our webinars that are run with safety related themes, and
- connecting NRSPP to specialist CILTA Fellows that have longstanding safety backgrounds.
- Kim HassallChair of CILTA
- Kim HassallChair of CILTA
Kin Hassall CILT Australia Chair has committed to Chair the CLOCS-A Technical Group Construction Logistics and Planning and signed on the CLOCS-A Memorandum of Understanding as a Supporting Partner