This publication presents information about persons aged 15 years and over who worked at some time in the last 12 months and experienced their most recent work-related injury or illness in that period. The Work-related injuries topic collected information about whether the person experienced a work-related injury or illness in the last 12 months and the following details about their most recent work-related injury or illness:
- whether they suffered the injury or illness in their current job or a previous job;
- the type of injury or illness experienced;
- how the injury or illness occurred;
- the number of days/shifts absent from work due to the injury or illness;
- whether reported work-related injury or illness to someone in the workplace;
- sources of financial assistance;
- whether they applied for workers’ compensation; and
- the reason they did not apply for workers’ compensation.
NRSPP NOTE: Transport ranks high for workplace injury rates, showing that the transport industry has one of the highest work-related injury rates.