Consider this regarding WILDLIFE
- ? Kangaroos are a constant risk in Australia’s regional landscape.
- ? You choose if and how you might deal with it.
- ? If you know the area, drive accordingly.
- ? At your first suspicion, back off.
- ? It’s ok to lift off the power, it helps braking when you need too.
- ? Keep your eyes moving up and around to identify shapes.
- ? Use ABS if you are not familiar with threshold braking.
- ? If an impact is inevitable, brake very hard to a heavy stop.
Did you know?
- ? Travelling at 80 kph instead of 110 kph for 1 kilometre is a time difference of 12 seconds.
- ? 80 kph for 5 km will take 1 minute longer (compared to 110 kph).
- ? 80 kph in a 100 kph zone will take 9 seconds longer (per km).