Using an automated manual transmission (AMT), how the manufacturers recommend using the equipment.
• Combines the advantages of a manual transmission with the drivability of an automatic
- Wide availability
- From NLR all the way to FTR.
- Automated Manual Transmission
Features a Wet Clutch & Fluid Coupling
- No clutch pedal
- Smooth takeoff & “creep” at idle speeds
- Fuel consumption is the same as a manual transmission
- AMT is free of a clutch
- Maintenance costs reduced
AMT: On the Road
- Rolling back should be avoided. The vehicle may roll back in the time it takes to move your foot
from the brake to the accelerator pedal.
- Use the park brake on a slope.
- Auto or Manual ??Auto is best used in traffic and urban conditions:
- Auto shifts prevent inadvertent over revving.
- Auto lets you concentrate on other drivers actions