This document was derived from all of the NRSPP case studies. It is an amalgamation of the common themes that emerged from a range of industries and highlights five key areas of concern for a successful road safety management program.
Road Safety is….
1. Driven by a senior leader, with senior management endorsement, who owns it and champion its benefit.
2. A system that will perform if it has all its constituent parts oiled and working.
3. Heterogeneous, there is NO silver bullet.
4. Everyone’s responsibility.
5. A perpetual work in progress.