Welcome to the latest newsletter from the National Road Safety Partnership Program (NRSPP). NRSPP is a government-supported, industry-led collaborative network which aims to support Australian businesses and organisations to develop a positive road safety culture and help protect their workers and the public, not only during work hours, but also when staff are ‘off-duty’.
This Edition Will Cover:
- NRSPP Achievements
- NRSPP News
- NRSPP Case Study
- NRSPP Resources
- NRSPP Monthly Focus
NRSPP Achievements November 2015
- NRSPP Steering Committee held their 11th meeting in Brisbane which was kindly hosted by Origin Energy. Key outcomes were:
- Establishment of new industry-led Driving Safe Mobile Phone Use Working Group aiming to change the conversation and get organisations and their staff to understand the risk of using the devices illegally.
- Establishment of a Research Working Group aiming to facilitate act as a conduit between research organisations and businesses with regards to researching key road safety risks and identifying evidence based solutions.
- The Utilities Forum held their first web-conference which explored safety management systems.
- Australasian Road Safety Conference 2015 featured NRSPP symposium providing a pathway for any business/organisation to create a positive road safety culture. The symposium was videoed and will be freely available once uploaded.
- Two NRSPP webinars (WorleyParsons and BlueScope) and the B2B: Safer Vehicles are Better Business featured as part of the Safe Work Australia’s Virtual Seminar Series for October which was national safe work month.