Welcome to the latest newsletter from the National Road Safety Partnership Program (NRSPP). NRSPP is a government-supported, industry-led collaborative network which aims to support Australian businesses and organisations to develop a positive road safety culture and help protect their workers and the public, not only during work hours but also when staff are ‘off-duty’.
This Edition Will Cover:
- NRSPP Achievements
- NRSPP Monthly Focus
- Blog: Avoiding ‘Difficult’ Conversations – Comparing the Cost
- Feature: Thought Leadership: Fight Or Flight – The Benefits Of Facing Up To ‘Difficult’ Conversations
- NRSPP News
- Social Media
- NRSPP Resources
NRSPP Achievements February 2021
On 10 December 2020 NRSPP delivered Webinar: Adapting UK’s Construction Logistics And Community Safety (CLOCS) Initiative To Australia. The webinar featured four presenters from Transport for London, Sydney Metro, Hanson Australia and the Amy Gillett Foundation.
TfL outlined CLOCS and its benefits
The Australian presenters shared how the components have been applied locally and the opportunity it represents.
- The CLOCS-Australia Working Group is currently establishing an Memorandum of Understanding to support the establishment of the CLOCS program in Australia.
- Webinars locked in for the first part of the year include:
- Feb: Courageous Conversations For The Sake Of Safety
- Mar: Laing O’Rourke: Leadership At The Top Drives Safety For All
- Apr: Medicinal Cannabis and Mobile Workers – What do I need to know?
- Apr: Prescription Drugs and the Mobile Workforce – How can we assess and manage the risk?
- NRSPP Summer Vacation Students are developing Q&As on the following. Feel free to reach out if you would like to share any industry insights:
- Minor Collisions
- Consequence approach to at-Fault claims
- Fundamental Stability
- Heavy Vehicle Tyre Safety Management