Welcome to the latest newsletter from the National Road Safety Partnership Program (NRSPP). NRSPP is a government-supported, industry-led collaborative network which aims to support Australian businesses and organisations to develop a positive road safety culture and help protect their workers and the public, not only during work hours but also when staff are ‘off-duty’.
This Edition Will Cover
- NRSPP Achievements
- NRSPP’s Next Heavy Vehicle Toolbox Talk is Out Now!
- NRSPP Monthly Focus
- Monthly Features:
- NRSPP Thought Leadership: HEALTH IN GEAR: Turning Truck Driver and Logistics Worker Health Around
- NRSPP Fact Sheet: The Science of BAC
- Drive Safely This Easter Break!
- Blog: Connecting with truck drivers – where they work – for better health outcomes
- NRSPP News
- Social Media
- NRSPP Resources
NRSPP Monthly Achievements April 2023
- NRSPP is proud to announce that as part of leading the establishment of Construction Logistics and Community Safety – Australia the program has become a Strategic Partner of the UK CLOCS Program.
- NRSPP representatives, Independent Chair, Emeritus Professor Jude Charlton, Program Director Jerome Carslake and MUARC linkage Associate Professor Sjaan Koppel met with Senator Brown to explore delivery of actions identified to NRSPP within the National Road Safety Action Plan 2023-25 | National Road Safety Strategy.
- Queensland University of Technology hosted a Utilities Forum focus group and is leading the development of a Safer Vehicle Purchasing Policy for the Utilities Sector.
- The Heavy Vehicle Toolbox Talk Working Group’s “humanising truck driver” campaign has secured major sponsor Geotab and will feature five Lego Busts of drivers from Alex Fraser, Bingo Industries, Holcim and Toll Group and feature at the 2023 Brisbane Truck Show.
- Our April Heavy Vehicle Toolbox Talks (HVTBT) release features Healthy Eating with drivers from Toll, Holcim and Alex Fraser.
- The Construction Logistics and Community Safety – Australia key achievements:
- Confirmed seed funding for start-up period of the program for the new Host of the Program, currently $150,000 with several in process of confirming.
- Steering Group has finalised the standard and Tier Site Selection Tool.
- A closing virtual workshop will be held on the 26 April, please contact NRSPP Program Director should you wish to attend.
- NRSPP’s Program Director presented on the collaborative Austroads/NRSPP Suicide in Road Transport to Department of Transport – South Australia, South Australian Road Transport Association and South Australian Grain Producers Association.
- The NRSPP On-Demand App Working Group (WG) met virtual on the 28 March and have begun formulating a number of actions to improve workplace road safety in the sector.