NRSPP has released its monthly newsletter. This newsletter provides updates, information about events, and resources about road safety-related issues.
The monthly October 2014 Bulletin outlines the programs:
- Christmas wish from NRSPP
- Featured case study
NRSPP Achievements December 2014
- The 8th Steering Committee meeting held in Sydney on the 19 December was hosted by IAG Insurance: 19 Steering Committee Partners were kindly hosted by IAG. Some key outcomes from the meeting include:
- The introduction of NRSPP Program Partners (PP) was approved. PP make a commitment to take action to improve road safety within their workplace and the environment they operate in and share the outputs/outcomes through the program. For more details refer to PP.
- New Working Group launched – Evaluating the risk associated with a driver’s mindset before driving following a stress event. More to come in 2015.
- Final draft report for Benchmarking Stages 1 and 2 finalised.
- NRSPP included in National Road Safety Action Plan 2015–2017 . Action Item 18, which is to Encourage private sector organisations to implement best practice fleet and workplace safety policies Implementation Work with the NRSPP and state-based partnership initiatives to encourage road safety improvements in the workplace.
- Presentation at Australasian Road Safety Research, Policing and Education Conference 2014: NRSPP is a mechanism to demonstrate that road safety good practice is not altruistic but entirely good business.
- NRSPP welcomes its first two Program Partners and a wishes to highlight one of their road safety action commitments:
- Australian Mobil Telecommunications Association: Development of an evidence-based “Thought Leadership: piece on mobile phone distractions.
- Transport Safety Group: development of speed compliance standards (framework for organisation’s policies and procedures).