The Livestock Transport Fatigue Management Scheme (LTFMS) provides a pre-approved template Advanced Fatigue Management (AFM) accreditation system designed to give livestock transporters the flexibility to respond to the dynamic, uncertain and complex livestock transport task.
The scheme allows AFM accredited operators to work up to 14 hours on a day, as part of a fortnightly cycle with ‘risk off-setting’ restrictions around driving between midnight and 4am and frequent stops for welfare checking.
The implementation guide outlines a step by step process for obtaining AFM accreditation under the scheme and all the necessary policies, procedures and forms on which operators can base their application are provided below. As a pre-approved template, you will not have to present a safety case to the NHVR.
Form 6 of 12 – Non-conformance Audit Report
To be completed by Operations Manager within 24 hours of detection of a non-conformance to report the non-conformance and to notify the non-compliant staff member.
- Complete all sections of the form in blue/black ink.
- When completing Section 3:
- a Minor non-conformity is where there is:
- a failure to conform to a requirement which (based on judgement and experience) is not likely to result in FRMS failure
- a single observed lapse or isolated incident, or
- a minimal risk of nonconforming product or service
- a Major non-conformity is where there is:
- a total breakdown of system, control, or procedure
- an absence of an FRMS requirement
- number of minors related to the same clause, or
- a nonconformity that experience and judgement indicate will likely result in FRMS failure or materially reduce its ability to assure controlled processes and products
- Attach any supporting information to the report (e.g., staple a copy of the non-compliant daily sheet to this form)
- When Section 4 is signed, copy the form and give it to the responsible staff member requesting that they provide a written response within 7 days by completing Section 5.
- Place copies of the completed form in [file location 7] and on the responsible staff member’s HR file.