The Leadership on Road Safety fact sheet summarises Leadership on Road Safety, one part of the 6 strategies to reduce injuries and deaths from road crashes given in the World Health Organisation (WHO) SAVE LIVES initiative.
The six strategies outlined by the WHO are:
- Speed management
- Infrastructure design
- Vehicle safety standards
- Enforcement of traffic laws
- Survival after a crash
Within this fact sheet on Leadership on Road Safety, five solutions are outlined:
- Create an agency to spearhead road safety
- Develop and fund a road safety strategy
- Evaluate the impact of road safety strategies
- Harmonise and improve road traffic safety data
- Raise awareness and public support
This fact sheet follows on from the WHO and World Bank webinar on the 18th of December on leadership for road safety, a key element of “SaveLIVES: a road safety technical package” & Global Plan for the Decade of Action.