Good housekeeping is an educational poster that highlights the importance of maintaining a well organised risk free environment, especially in areas where hazardous substances, power tools, heavy equipment and heavy vehicles are present.
Regular, effective housekeeping helps to reduce the risk of hazards in your workplace. Your commitment to effective housekeeping is paramount in high risk environments such as our maintenance areas where we use hazardous substances, power tools and work with heavy equipment and vehicles
Poor housekeeping can cause accidents such as:
- Tripping over loose objects on floors, stairs and platforms
- Being hit by falling objects
- Slipping on greasy, wet or dirty surfaces
- Injuring yourself on projecting, poorly stacked items or misplaced material
- Cutting, puncturing, or tearing the skin of hands or other parts of the body on projecting nails, wire or steel strapping