The Chain of Responsibility extends the legal liability of road law offences to include everyone involved in the transportation of goods by road.
Under the Chain of Responsibility, every person is held accountable for conduct that affects compliance in a transport operation and may be deemed liable in the event of a breach of the legislation through their actions, inactions or decisions.
This document answers questions such as:
- Where did Chain of Responsibility come from?
- Why has the Chain of Responsibility legislation been introduced?
- When will the new laws apply?
- Who does the new Chain of Responsibility legislation apply to?
- Why is the legislation also being applied to light vehicles?
- What are the potential impacts on my business?
- What changes does the new Chain of Responsibility legislation introduce?