1. What is the purpose of this guide?
2. Why Chain of Responsibility is your core business
3. What is Chain of Responsibility?
4. Why is Chain of Responsibility important to Toll Group?
5. Where does Chain of Responsibility apply?
6. How do I know if I’m a party in the chain?
7. If I am not a named party in the chain, do I still have obligations and responsibilities?
8. As a supply chain party, how can I influence or control what happens on the road?
9. How can I make sure other people do the right thing?
10. Updates to the law
11. What is the “primary duty”?
11.1 What does section (1) mean?
11.2 What does section (2) mean?
11.3 What is the difference between “direct” and “indirect” conduct?
11.4 What does section (3) mean?
12. “Person who permits” clauses
13. What obligations are imposed on executives?
14. How does Toll ensure the safety of its transport activities?
15. What are the consequences of non-compliance?
16. Further information
17. Safety duties under the Heavy Vehicle National Law