British Telecom – Occupational Road Risk Management – A Competitive Advantage? This Presentation explores this question which BT poses.
Understanding the Risks and the Opportunities
- Most significant area of people and financial safety related risk for BT. Direct costs c£25m p.a.
- Direct potential financial payback on bottom line due to the self insurance model
- Legislative changes increased focus on Driving at Work dictating the need for an effective management system to demonstrate due diligence
- Increasing pressure on margins and increased competition mean cost control is critical
- Desire for high performance in all areas of business practice.
- Behaviour change programmes becoming a standard approach to risk management issues.
- Globalisation of the business required innovative delivery mechanisms