Who is Mercurien Group ?
Mercurien protects people and assets in the mobile workplace.
What sector does Mercurien Group operate within?
Fleet-as-a-Service, which is a transformational approach to fleet management and operations. Based on total transparency and richness of data, fleets can become sources of business insight rather than black holes of risks and costs.
Size of Mercurien Group’s fleet or staff
A range of professionals with expertise across strategic and operational transformation, fleet performance management, data analytics, road safety, insurance, and finance.
What does road safety mean to Mercurien Group?
Means the combination of 2 key factors:
- the selection and proper maintenance of fit-for-purpose vehicles, and
- automated processes that provide each driver with targeted, and continuously adapting, coaching that nudges them towards safer eco-driving habits
Mercurien Group's Contributions to the NRSPP & Points of Contact
- Program Partners
- Duncan FergusonHead of Fleet & Human FactorsCommencement Date: 09/03/2016Sector: Fleet-as-a-Service, which is a transformational approach to fleet management and operations. Based on total transparency and richness of data, fleets can become sources of business insight rather than black holes of risks and costs.www.mercurien.com
Why become a Program Partner?
Mercurien Group is joining the NRSPP because they recognise that the fastest and most effective way to get road safety initiatives implemented is to collaborate with other organisations. Their ‘outcome-based’ approach means that they embrace any external (3rd party) providers whose products either enhance safety and/or reduce operational costs.
Developed with an eye to the commercial motor-vehicle insurance sector, the data generated supports the NRSPP discussion paper: In-Vehicle Monitoring Systems (IVMS): Safety through good practice telematics, because Mercurien Group can:
- Work with operators to improve holistic safety procedures,
- Contribute to the creation of tailored insurance policies that reward them for doing so, whilst
- Using the data generated to enhance insurance pricing engines, and
- Generate feedback to guide R&D into technical product and service improvements
What are Mercurien Group’s NRSPP road safety commitments and by when?
Road Safety Commitment Completed 1. Development of evidenced based B2B Video on Cognition, fatigue and dehydration. Delivered 2. Development of evidenced based B2B Video on Peripheral vision, the effects of ageing, and the effects of speeding. Delivered 3. Mercurien is heavily involved with the EMPOWR Mobility project; providing expertise across the use of technology to keep people and vehicles safe whilst reducing the total cost of ownership. The data collected from the project will feed into road safety research projects across ‘risk identification’ and ‘road safety communication’. Ongoing
Supporting actions delivered by Mercurien Group
- NRSPP Video: Cognition and fatigue Part 1 delivered 2016 June
- NRSPP Video: Cognition and fatigue Part 2 delivered 2016 June
- NRSPP Thought Leadership: The Interface between Eco-Driving and Safe Driving delivered 2018
- NRSPP Video – Eco Driving and Safe Driving delivered 2018