Who is Healthy Heads in Trucks and Sheds?
Healthy Heads in Trucks and Sheds (HHTS) is a registered standalone Not for Profit (NFP) entity for the benefit of the broader supply chain industry as a whole with an independent industry and skills based board.
The overarching objective of HHTS is the creation of a single national mental health strategy for truck drivers, distribution and warehouse staff with the participation of smaller operators funded by the larger founding industry members. It is intended that HHTS remain in existence ad infinitum with majority industry funding and board representation as per its founding.
HHTS will be built on three key pillars, namely:
- An increase in the number of people trained in mental health at transport and logistics facilities
- Standardisation of policies and regulation at these facilities
- Helping the individual be healthier from a diet and mental health perspective
In the absence of a collective national approach to tackle ‘driver and shed’ mental health, leading road transport operators including Woolworths, Coles, Linfox, Toll, Qube, and Ron Finemore have all combined in conjunction with the National Heavy Vehicle Regulator and Federal Government as founding members to fund the inception and development of the Healthy Heads in Trucks and Sheds (HHTS) initiative.
What size is your fleet or the number of staff who generate your transport task?
N/A Our members ship however reflects a large overall percentage of the national road transport and logistics industry
What does road safety mean to Healthy Heads in Trucks and Sheds?
We want to make mental and physical wellbeing in the road transport and logistics sectors as everyday as safety is in our industry.
Healthy Heads in Trucks & Sheds Foundation's Contributions to the NRSPP & Points of Contact
- Program Partners
- Working Group – Suicide in Road Transport
- Lachlan BensonCEOCommencement Date: 13/08/2020Sector: We are not for profit organisation operating in the road transport and logistics sectors.https://www.healthyheads.org.au
What are Healthy Heads in Trucks & Sheds NRSPP road safety commitments and by when?
Road Safety Commitment
1. Provide communication channels across the road transport sector for NRSPP direct to operators – HHTS Website, LinkedIn, YouTube, Twitter Ongoing 2. Collaborate with NRSPP to apply for Federal road safety technology funding for a suicide prevention initiative Oct 2020 3. Involve member operators in NRSPP pilots and case studies August 2020 onwards
Supporting actions delivered by Healthy Heads in Trucks & Sheds
- National Working Group Partner of the Austroads / NRSPP collaborative project Suicide in Road Transport Project and acting as a conduit to its members to help inform Streams 2: Data and 3: Interventions
Phone: 0412 492 403
- Lachlan BensonCEO
HHTS is a partner of the National Working Group and has assisted in the Suicide in Road Transport Project (SiRT) in the Stream 2: Data and Stream 3: Interventions in accessing its membership to help collate inputs.