Briefly describe your organisation:
3M’s Vision: We are committed to improving our business, our planet, and every life.
It’s our Vision statement. But more than that it’s a personal calling for 3M employees everywhere. A daily prescription to apply our science, our curiosity and our resources to the world’s challenges, problems, needs, and opportunities.
3M is a manufacturer of various road and workplace safety solutions.
What sector does your organisation operate within?
Roads & Infrastructure, Vehicle Registration, Mining, and Transportation.
What size is your fleet or the number of staff who generate your transport or travel?
Describe what road safety means to your organisation?
3M pioneered retroreflective sheeting in the 1930’s. Since then, we have played a key role globally, investing in R&D to advance road safety. We are also a founding partner of the UN’s Road Safety Trust from 2012.
Does your organisation have a 5 star or safer vehicle purchasing policy?
3M's Contributions to the NRSPP & Points of Contact
- Program Partners
- Re:act Working Group
- Andrew KingBusiness Leader, Transportation Safety Division – Australia & New ZealandCommencement Date: 03/05/2019Sector: 3M Australia Pty Ltdhttps://www.3m.com.au
As a Program Partner what action(s) could your organisation do to support road safety through the NRSPP & by when?
- Case study with key customer on the value of being seen and how that reduces risk. – September 2019 and webinar.
- Sharing global research on evidence-based conspicuity markings for heavy vehicles.
- Q&A input, as required56
Supporting actions delivered by 3M
- Re:act 2019 NSW Panel: Young people “sharing the responsibility” on our roads
- In 2021, 3M signed onto the CLOCS-A Working Group as a Supporting Partner
- Cade TurnBusiness Leader, Transportation Safety Division – Australia & New Zealand
3M was an industry partner on the first Re:act panel in NSW.
Re:act 2019 – Theme Vulnerable road users and drivers: shared responsibility