Filter by Topic:
  • Third Party State Insurers

    NSW - Motor Accident Authority

    The Motor Accidents Authority is a statutory corporation that regulates the NSW Motor Accidents Scheme. A key component of the program is the Green Slip scheme which is needed to cover the cost to the community of road crash injuries and deaths.

    Green Slips cover injuries to people – not damage to property.

    In NSW a vehicle cannot be registered without a Green Slip. The Green Slip motor accident injury insurance scheme means drivers can be confident that:

    if a driver or motorcycle rider causes a road crash;
    other people who are injured will be looked after;
    without the driver having to meet the financial cost or face being sued.
    In recent years some important benefits have also been extended to injured at-fault drivers and motorcycle riders. This means each Green Slip policy provides more benefits to more people than it did 10 years ago.

    Visit Link
  • Third Party State Insurers

    NZ - Accident Compensation Commission

    The Accident Compensation Corporation (ACC) provides comprehensive, no-fault personal injury cover for all New Zealand residents and visitors to New Zealand.

    At ACC, it’s their job to support those injured by helping them get back to work and everyday life as soon as possible. It’s also their job to try to stop injuries from happening in the first place.

    Visit Link
  • Third Party State Insurers

    Qld - Motor Accidents Insurance Commission (MAIC)

    The Motor Accident Insurance Commission (MAIC) is the regulatory authority responsible for the ongoing management of the Compulsory Third Party (CTP) scheme in Queensland.

    Queensland operates a common law ‘fault’ based Compulsory Third Party (CTP) scheme, first introduced in 1936. The scheme provides motor vehicle owners with an insurance policy that covers their unlimited liability for personal injury caused by, through or in connection with the use of the insured motor vehicle in incidents to which the Motor Accident Insurance Act 1994 applies.

    Visit Link
  • Third Party State Insurers

    SA - Motor Accident Commission

    The Motor Accident Commission (MAC) is South Australia’s Compulsory Third Party (CTP) insurer and provides approximately $360 million each year in compensation to road crash victims.

    MAC also manages the State Government’s road safety communications program and provides funding for projects that aim to reduce the number and impact of road injuries and deaths.

    In South Australia, CTP insurance is built in to the registration process – when you register your vehicle you also pay a CTP insurance premium that is designed to provide cover for people injured in road crashes.

    The CTP Fund provides compensation for the victims of road crashes where the owner or driver of a registered motor vehicle or a passenger is at fault.

    Visit Link
  • Third Party State Insurers

    Tas - Motor Accidents Insurance Board

    The Motor Accidents Insurance Board (MAIB) is a Tasmanian Government Business Enterprise which operates a combined common law/no fault motor accident scheme for Tasmanians.

    The scheme provides medical and income benefits on a no fault basis to persons injured in motor vehicle accidents whilst enabling access to common law.

    Visit Link
  • Third Party State Insurers

    Victorian – Transport Accident Commission (TAC)

    The TAC is a Victorian Government-owned organisation set up in 1986.

    Its role is to pay for treatment and benefits for people injured in transport accidents. It is also involved in promoting road safety in Victoria and in improving Victoria’s trauma system.

    Funding used by the TAC to perform these functions comes from payments made by Victorian motorists when they register their vehicles each year with VicRoads.

    The TAC is a “no-fault” scheme. This means that medical benefits will be paid to an injured person – regardless of who caused the accident.

    Legislation guides the TAC in the types of benefits it can pay and any conditions that apply. This legislation is called theTransport Accident Act 1986.

    To ensure it remains a long-term compensation scheme, the TAC uses its funds fairly and responsibly. This ensures the TAC is able to meet the needs of seriously injured people who need lifetime care.

    Visit Link