The TRB 100th Annual Meeting will be conducted as a virtual event over a series of dates throughout January 2021.
The decision to go virtual was made out of concern for the health and safety of all meeting attendees, in light of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19).
The meeting program will cover all transportation modes, addressing topics of interest to policy makers, administrators, practitioners, researchers, and representatives of government, industry, and academic institutions. A number of sessions and workshops will focus on the spotlight theme for the 2021 meeting: Launching a New Century of Mobility and Quality of Life. This year’s meeting also will feature dozens of sessions on how COVID-19 has impacted transportation and how transportation professionals and researchers are responding.
Online Program is now available! You can browse the full 2021 program, and get full details on sessions, workshops, and committee meetings, via the Online Program.
2021 Event Dates
Committee Meetings: January 5–8 and 11–15
Sessions & Exhibits: January 21–22 and 25–29
Why Attend a Virtual TRB Annual Meeting?
Because the need for knowledge hasn’t changed. Check all the boxes and the value is obvious:
- Quality – Access to the same high-quality content that you’ve come to expect from TRB.
- Engagement – Attend open committee meetings, January 5-8 and January 11-15, 2021, without any scheduling conflicts from technical sessions.
- Convenience – Conflicting sessions? No problem! Access video recordings of any sessions you might have missed, for up to three weeks after the meeting.
- Networking – Learn from and connect via chat or video stream with some of the leading transportation experts in the world, after sessions, during social events, or in the exhibit hall.
- Community – You have heard about it and read about it, and now’s your chance to see why everyone is so excited about “TRB,” from the comfort of your home or office.
- Flexibility – View paper session materials on your schedule, 24/7 from January 21 to February 19, 2021, not just during the session in which the paper is presented.
- Resources – Years of access to PowerPoints, posters, abstracts, and most unpublished papers through TRB’s archived Online Program.
- Solutions – Explore the newest products and services in the industry by connecting with TRB’s exhibitors. Chat or video stream live with exhibitors or leave your card behind. Get 24/7 access to links, videos, and downloadable materials that will offer potential solutions to your community’s pressing needs.
- Value – Professional development on your schedule, at half the cost of previous in-person TRB Annual Meetings. So what’s not to like?