Submission of Abstracts
The Organising Committee for the Managing Fatigue Conference 2020 invites submission for an oral presentation or a poster at the Conference to be held at the Esplanade, Fremantle, WA from 16 – 19 March 2020.
Abstract Key Dates
|Abstract submission opens||25 March 2019|
|Abstract submission deadline||15 July 2019|
|Authors advised of outcomes||2 September 2019|
|Author registration required by||24 October 2019|
Abstracts may be submitted for the following presentation types:
- 20 minute Oral Presentation
- Short & Sharp Oral Presentation (5 minutes, limited to 3 slides and will include a panel discussion)
- Snapchat Poster – 1 minute presentation to highlight poster content. (no slides are permitted and a submission of a poster display is required)
The Abstract Review Committee can’t guarantee that your preferred presentation format will be accepted and may offer the opportunity to present in other formats.
Oral presentations will be presented during parallel sessions, which will be aligned with the main themes of the conference. Presentations will be 15 minutes in length, allowing 5 minutes’ discussion time.
All static posters will be on display for the duration of the Conference. Printed posters should be AO size (841mm x 1189mm high) and portrait orientation
All poster authors will be required to register, attend the conference and be available for the Poster Presentation Session.
Short & Sharp Oral Presentation (limited to 3 slides) including in depth question and answer time.
Short & Sharp presentations are 5 minute oral presentations. These will be included in the program to maximize knowledge sharing and improve engagement during plenary sessions. All short and sharp presenters will have the opportunity to continue the discussion with an in-depth question and answer period.
Snapchat Poster Presentation (no slides)
Snapchat poster presentations are standard poster presentations but include the opportunity for the author to provide a 1 minute introduction/presentation (no slides) about the poster topic/project/research etc during a plenary session. The aim of this session is to encourage delegates to attend specific posters during the poster session in which they would like to discuss the topic/poster etc further with the author.
Abstract Submission Guidelines
All abstracts must be submitted online by 5.00pm WST 15 July 2019. All submissions can be done online via the website. Abstracts are to be submitted as a .doc or .docx only – a sample abstract template is available to assist you in this task.
Following a decision from the Abstract Review Committee, authors will be notified of acceptance, decline and/or suggested modifications to the abstract by 2 September 2019
Terms and Conditions
- It is a condition of acceptance of the abstract that at least the presenting author must register to attend the Conference and present the paper either orally or participate within the dedicated poster sessions. Abstracts submitted before payment of registration are eligible for an offer of acceptance but final acceptance (and publication as a conference abstract) requires full payment of registration by the deadline of 24 October 2019. All authors must attend at least the full day of their presentation.
- Submission of abstracts implies the author’s agreement to publish the abstract in all Conference publications including the website.
- Acceptance of abstracts does not imply any payment from the Conference. Authors must arrange and pay their own accommodation, travel etc. to attend the Conference.
- Acceptance or otherwise is at the discretion of the Abstract Review Committee whose decision is final.