Welcome to the latest newsletter from the National Road Safety Partnership Program (NRSPP). NRSPP is a government-supported, industry-led collaborative network which aims to support Australian businesses and organisations to develop a positive road safety culture and help protect their workers and the public, not only during work hours but also when staff are ‘off-duty’.
This Edition Will Cover:
- NRSPP Achievements
- NRSPP Monthly Focus: Mental Health
- Feature: Mental Health Tool Box Talk
- Blog: Destination Zero: R U OK? Shouldn’t This Be Business As Usual?
- NRSPP News
- Social Media
- NRSPP Resources
NRSPP Achievements September 2021
- Sutherland Shire Council – Heavy Fleet Operations: Shifting to a Proactive State of Safety was successfully delivered on the 18 August with over 160 registrations. Mark Mills and David Newell-Courtney did a fantastic job in proudly sharing
the in safety workings of their Council.
- The NRSPP Heavy Vehicle Tool Box Talk Working Group has completed its first Tool Box Talk (TBT) on Driver Distraction in the broad sense. The Working Group is exploring establishing an evaluation program before it is released. The new TBT includes a video with input from five Bingo Industry truck drivers exploring the topic, its risk and mitigations.
- The new NRSPP Steering Committee has been finalised, we are excited about the next three years and how the program will continue to evolve.
- A number of CLOCS-A Technical Groups have been held to begin establish the foundations for the standard.
- Empowr Mobility has signed a contract for its second pilot which is funded by the Transport Accident Commission and includes Ganbina and Barwon Water as delivery partners. The pilot will commence once there is operational certainty.
- The NRSPP Utilities Forum Executive met on 2 September and chose to delay the forum until March 2022 due to Covid uncertainty. This will be the sixth forum will be hosted by APA in Melbourne, 24 organisations have confirmed attendance and will coincide with ANCAP’s first Safer Vehicle Field Day.
- NRSPP provided a submission to the Parliament of Australia Joint Select Committee on Road Safety which included 14 recommendations for example:
- The Parliament of Australia include as part of its annual reporting the safe movement of its workforce.
- Australian Government portfolios and agencies include as part of their annual reporting the safe movement of its workforce.