Please feel free to contact Marc Wilkinson on 08 8322 8555 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Every month The Australian Driving Institute sends through Safety Tips in relation to issues our clients may be currently facing. This month they have been requested to cover Cornering techniques.
How to manage a turn
It’s critical to follow a consistent method and use some visualisation techniques.
1. Set your position for the bend and start ‘wide’.
2. Set your entry speed for the bend (use the signs as a guide, they are conservative)
3. Off the power on the way in or;
a. Brake gentry (trail the brakes) into the turn.
4. Sustain balance in the bend (be patient)
5. Look out of the bend now
6. As the bend finishes, you can proportionally apply power (downhill this will occur later).