What sector does your organisation operate within?
What size is your fleet or the number of staff who generate your transport task?
Even though we have a fleet of only one vehicle, we have twenty transport engineers working on road safety. The mobility of workers with regards to their daily commute and grey fleet movements are front of mind for our organisation being focused on road safety.
Describe what road safety means to your organisation?
Road safety is the core of the business of Safe System Solutions Pty Ltd which offers a wide range of traffic engineering and design services The Safe System which underpins road safety and our organisation’s focus is identified as “Road trauma should not be accepted as the inevitable cost of transport. Within the Safe System model, if a mistake is made on the road the impact is severely reduced or negated by safer roads, safer vehicles, safer speeds and safer people.”
Regardless of where our people are located and the role they undertake, light vehicles travelling on public roads is identified as the highest safety risk faced by workers and contractors. This risk applies to both in working time, and in their private time.
What Action(S) Could Your Organisation Do To Support Road Safety Through The NRSPP & By When?
|1. Run conference on Road Safety Barriers||March 2020|
|2. Provide road safety training courses||Ongoing|
|3. Provide MythBusting case studies on LinkedIn and share with NRSPP to be captured in the Knowledge Centre||Ongoing|
- Myth 1: “German autobahns prove we don’t need speed limits” – BUSTED
- Myth 2: “Lower speed limits won’t save lives” – BUSTED
- Myth 3: “Higher speed limits mean less travel time, less fatigue and therefore fewer crashes” – BUSTED
- Myth 4: “I feel safe so the speed limit should be higher” – BUSTED
- Myth 5: “The 85th percentile method works best” – BUSTED
- Myth 6: “100km/h is the right default speed limit outside built-up areas” – BUSTED
- Myth 7: “50km/h is the right default speed limit outside built-up areas” – BUSTED
- Myth 8: “Speed limits are all about revenue raising” – BUSTED
Safe System Solutions Pty Ltd's Contributions to the NRSPP & Points of Contact
- Program Partners
- Kathy Doukouris Technical ManagerCommencement Date: 19/07/2019Sector: Safe System Solutions Pty Ltdhttp://www.safesystemsolutions.com.au/