Who are Origin Energy?
Origin Energy is Australia’s leading integrated energy company. At Origin, safety is our first priority. It is important for our business and we believe that every employee and contractor should expect to return home safe at the end of every day. We continually strive to improve our performance in the areas of personal and process safety, as we work towards our goal to create an injury free workplace for our employees and contractors.
At Origin Energy we have a company fleet which is comprised of approximately 1,000 light vehicles and 300 heavy vehicles.
What does road safety mean to Origin Energy?
We work in an industry which, by its very nature, gives rise to a range of health and safety risks. Some of the activities regularly carried out in our business range from the operation of onshore gas drilling rigs, construction, to travelling to offshore gas production platforms, through to managing large gas processing facilities and power stations and driving on roads.
Origin has a mixed fleet of 1000 light and 300 heavy vehicles. In FY15 the combined distance travelled was 28 million kilometres and as a result driving is one of Origin’s top HSE risks. To mitigate this risk we have implemented the following –
- A company-wide Land Transport Directive, which sets the minimum standards required for driving on Origin business
- Installed telematics (i.e. IVMS) on light and heavy fleet
- Driver training programs
- Journey management planning
- Origin is an active member of a number of external forums on road safety, which demonstrates the company’s commitment to reducing road related incidents.
What are Origin Energy’s NRSPP road safety commitments?
- Seek position on the NRSPP Governance Board
- Continue to help guide the establishment of the Utilities Forum
- Host a Steering Committee meeting
- Participate in one of the strategic priorities of the NRSPP
- Seek opportunities to connect the NRSPP to other professional bodies (i.e. Safety Institute of Australia)
Origin Energy's Contributions to the NRSPP & Points of Contact
- Founding Partners
- Steering Committee Partners
- Working Group - B2B Safer Vehicles are Better Business
- Working Group - Utilities Forum
- Michael PandolfiGroup National Safety Manager
- Abdurrahman Ali (ALI)Principal Advisor OHS
- David ProvenGeneral Manager, Health, Safety and Environment
- Ali AbdurrahmanPrincipal Advisor - Occupational Safety - Group HSE